Under the following legislation the Safety, Health and Welfare Act 2005, General Application Regulations 2007, Biological Agents 1994, Chemical Agents 2001 and Infectious Diseases 1981. Companies storing water on site must comply with the above regulations and HSE guidelines.
- Legionnaire’s disease is a potentially fatal pneumonia caused by a bacteria – Legionella Bacteria ‘Legionella pneumophila'.
- Legionellosis is acquired through respiratory tract by inhalation of aerosols contaminated with Legionella bacteria.
- Common sources include; hot and cold water systems, cooling towers, fountains/sprinklers, evaporative condenser, spa pools, etc.
4Front have vast experience in completing Legionella Risk Assessments including recommendations appropriate to the specific Industry and can provide Legionella awareness training.
4Front provides the following Legionella risk assessment services:
- Site Survey.
- Identification of potential Legionella sources.
- Sampling and Analysis.
- General Principles of prevention.