4Front provides this service to our clients to assist them in complying with their legal responsibilities under current legislation, health and safety regulations and codes of practice. This will help our clients create a safety statement and a safety management system which will maintain a safe place of work, conditions that are safe and without risk (AFARP) for all, including employees, customers, visitors and contractors.
This safety statement and a safety management system should contain the following:
- Company Safety Policies.
- Hazard Identification Process.
- Risk Assessment Process.
- Risk Control & Procedures.
- Safe System of Work (SSOW).
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Permits to Work.
- Training Programmes.
- Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Work Area Controls.
All the above must be incorporated into the company safety statement that also contains directions /instructions on the following.
- Outlines the communication and consultation process in the organisation
- How information is distributed
- Training needs and training programmes.
- Incident investigation and reporting.
- Inspection plans and audits.
- Annual review process of the safety management system.
- Review of all the training programmes including mandatory training.
- Occupational hygiene monitoring.
- Procedures to develop both action plans and implement safety targets.